Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Depression: Can you control it?

Probably not, but you might as well try.

That pretty much sums up my run this morning. I wanted to go outside and enjoy the sun, breathe some fresh air, and clear my head. Turns out I wasn't able to do much of any of that. Isn't there a saying about paving roads with good intentions?

Anyway, I was barely a mile into my run when it just started to suck out there. It was cold but my hands had just started to warm up. And yet I just couldn't find any gas in the tank. Nothing between my ears would make me move any better or faster or more willingly.

So even though I couldn't really control the melancholy, I tried.

Photo:
Proof that I broke a sweat and didn't enjoy it.



Weather:
Temps were about 35F. Sky was clear. Winds were light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a few sips of coffee before the run. During the run I had half a bottle of plain water. Recovery was a naughty breakfast with coffee. But oh did it taste good. That hashbrown was delicious.

Aches and Pains:
Felt sluggish but no pain.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, thermal top, long sleeve shirt, hat, gloves, and BUFF.

Naughty Neil:
Ate fairly well yesterday, including a good snack last night. Breakfast today wasn't so great but it was great tasting. I usually feel guilty eating bad food but not today.

Today's Motivation:
I was hoping to clear my head and recharge my batteries but I ended up struggling to get 3 miles in. Glad I didn't push it to 4 because it really would have sucked.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 15:26 (includes a pee break)
Mile 2 - 14:49
Mile 3 - 13:42
Finish - 43:58

No comments: