Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pot of Gold

Well, I'm not sure how today's run worked out but I did it. I left a steaming pile of gold in the woods and somehow survived yet again. I'm amazed at how stupid I am sometimes in not going to the bathroom before my run. You'd think that I'd have learned my lesson by now.

Today's lesson began about halfway through my outbound leg. I found the nearest turning point and headed back to the car in an effort to keep things clean but failed to make it. Once relieved of my pot of gold, I continued back to my car where I realized I felt much better and decided to continue my run in the other direction. Which means despite my dumb ass move, I still got my workout in.

Photo:


Weather:
Temps were 45F. Sky was clear. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a little coffee before the run. During the run was plain water. Recovery was two eggs, three pieces of sausage, three pieces of toast, and more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None. Lower right back and left knee are feeling much better.

Gear:
Wore shorts, short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, gloves, and BUFF.

Naughty Neil:
No real weaknesses but my wife did another experiment with bougatsa last night which of course meant I had to test it out. But I only had one bowl of it. I did well with lunch and had a salad and bread. And I failed with getting to bed on time and stayed up working way too late.

Today's Motivation:
No real motivation necessarily, just a desire to get outside and enjoy the 70 degree weather. Guess I was a bit early but still enjoyed it anyway.

Splits:
Start - 3:50
Mile 0.5 - 5:41
Mile 1 - 7:02
Mile 1.5 - 6:29
Mile 2 - 8:56
Mile 2.5 - 7:33
Mile 3 - 7:44
Mile 3.5 - 6:21
End - 3:00
Finish - 56:39

No comments: