Friday, March 13, 2015

Don't Shift Right On a Treadmill

Even though I knew I needed to keep a straight line on the treadmill, twice I tried to shift right during this morning's run. Those damn zombies were coming at me in the movie and I just moved by instinct. Thankfully I caught myself on the little hand bar before trying to shove myself through the drywall next to me.

The main reason for doing my run today was timing with work. I knew I'd be off work this weekend but that also meant I would have limited time to run this weekend. So instead of doing my scheduled workout, I skipped to the weekend's plan and did that instead. Sorry not sorry Coach. I figured skipping a core workout would have less impact than skipping my long run for the week.

Anyway, I got the run in and finished the movie and started a bit of a new one before finishing up.

Weather:
Indoor temps were about 72F.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a little coffee and most of a banana before the run. During the run was plain water and an applesauce. Recovery was more coffee and Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
None. Felt tired this morning. Tired enough to go back to sleep for an hour but nothing really hurt before, during, or after the run.

Gear:
Wore t-shirt and shorts.

Treadmill:
Time - 80:00
Distance - 3.8 miles
Incline - 3
Speed - 2.0 to 3.5 (AVG 2.9)
Elevation - 605 feet
Entertainment - World War Z and GI Joe Retaliation

Naughty Neil:
I was all set to splurge with a giant snack last night to eat my stress away but somehow didn't. For a change I was distracted by the TV and didn't go back for seconds. I even forgot to get a beer.

Today's Motivation:
Timing. As stated above, I needed to make sure I got this run in before the weekend when I knew I'd be short on time.

Splits:
Finish - 1:20:00

No comments: