Thursday, April 02, 2015

Hidden

Saw lots of hidden things on today's run. Things that weren't really hidden but I just never noticed them before. I ran a section of trail that doesn't get a lot of traffic and did my best to have a better run that earlier this week. In the end, I'd succeed in having a good time.

Along the way I saw a building through the trees that I never noticed before, some cleared land that was new, and some vandalism. Outside of that, it was just a nice time in the woods with only a few minor interruptions that I created because I wanted to see where I was on the map in relation to these new things.

Photos:
New name for this section is Briar Patch.


The Tower of Isengard is gone but the swamp has water again!


Pretty normal when you run in the boonies.


The sun will come out tomorrow!



Weather:
Temps were about 40F at the start but warmed a hair to about 45F or 50F by the end. Sky was clear. Light wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Just some coffee before the run. During the run I had lain water and an applesauce. Recovery was toast, eggs, sausage, yogurt, and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None really. Stepped on a few pointy rocks but nothing terrible.

Gear:
Wore shorts, thermal top, short sleeve shirt, gloves, and BUFF.

Naughty Neil:
Been managing my snacking fairly well this week. Made a few not-so-healthy choices but they were smaller portions.

Today's Motivation:
A bad run earlier in the week left me feeling a bit empty inside. Today's run helped top off my tank. Or at least put a few dollars in.

Splits:
Start - 1:57
Mile 1 - 13:37
Mile 2 - 15:45 (includes detour)
Mile 3 - 14:53 (includes detour)
Mile 4 - 12:44
End - 2:19
Finish - 1:01:17

No comments: