Thursday, March 12, 2015

World War Zeke

I wanted to go back to bed, go outside for a run, and eat breakfast all at the same time. Instead I ran on the treadmill and opted to watch World War Z. Running on the treadmill shouldn't be a big shock but my watching that movie was a surprise. I added it to my playlist because it was free but was always reluctant to watch it because, well, it's a scary movie. And I don't do scary movies. I've never enjoyed them. Even when I was in middle school dating a girl that loved them, I would have rather gone the night without some tongue lashing if it meant I could have skipped the scary movie. And if a teenage body full of hormones can't conquer that kind of fear, then nothing can.

But I gave it a shot. And before I knew it, I was 20 minutes into my run. 40 minutes into my run. 65 minutes into my run and almost time to quit. I maintained a decent pace and only got a little spooked during a few scenes. Thankfully I stayed up-right on the treadmill and didn't bob and weave like they did in the movie.

And to set the record straight, yes, the movie is scary. I might even have nightmares tonight. But it's a compelling enough story so far that I actually want to finish it just to see what happens.

Weather:
Indoor temps were about 75F.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a little coffee before the run. During the run I had an applesauce and plain water. Recovery was a breakfast of two eggs, four sausages, three slices of toast, and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None. Lower right back is still a bit tweaky, but it's been getting better over the past week or so.

Gear:
Wore t-shirt and shorts.

Treadmill:
Time - 69:17
Distance - 3.4 miles
Incline - 3
Speed - 2.0 to 4.0 (AVG 3.0)
Elevation - 534 feet
Entertainment - World War Z

Naughty Neil:
::sigh:: In a moment of weakness yesterday I went to the local gas station and got a medium coffee (I usually get a large), a hamburger, and churros. I really wanted french fries but didn't get them. At least dinner was healthy as was my late night snack (which I only had one serving of).

Today's Motivation:
Not really sure I had any motivation today. I just went and did what was on my plan without thinking too much about it. I've tried to make a bit of a mental shift on a few things and it seems to be working. So far. Knock on wood.

Splits:
Finish - 1:09:17

No comments: