Tuesday, March 10, 2015

White Doe, White Dough

Today's run was satisfying and depressing and fun and pretty much everything under the sun. Because of all the emotions, it was a bit muted in the end.

The highlight of the run was seeing another runner out there enjoying the trail. She pranced along in the other direction like a doe wearing white, dashing between rocks like it was nothing. Meanwhile I felt like a white blob of dough oozing along the trail. Fortune was with me as I saw her a little later in my run and she wasn't exactly prancing. Not that I wish her ill by any means nor that I wish to speak ill of her ability to run, but she looked more like she was running full tilt downhill with arms and legs flailing. After I chuckled to myself, I realized that she was suddenly well ahead of me on the trail and I couldn't catch her even if I was riding a bike.

Photo:

Weather:
Temps were about 40F to 45F. Sky was overcast. Wind was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had half a coffee before the run. During the run I had plain water. Recovery was a banana and the rest of my coffee mixed with GenUCAN and Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
None really. Chest was a bit tight but I'm chalking that up to the remnants of my sinus infection.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, thermal top, long sleeve shirt, vest, gloves, hat, and BUFF.

Naughty Neil:
It's insane how hard it is, but I'm doing my best not to give in to my nightly, mindless snacks as well as my poor eating habits. So I hopefully put a dent in my bad habits over the past few days.

Today's Motivation:
The desire to run outside. That's about all I needed.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:25
Mile 2 - 13:19
Mile 3 - 13:01
Mile 4 - 13:18
Finish - 52:05

1 comment:

John Zeleznik said...

White doe? That's an omen. Maybe I'm shifting back into fantasy writer mode.