Thursday, March 19, 2015

New Shorts

Almost didn't make today's run due to a last minute emergency run to the grocery store. Well, it wasn't exactly an emergency but it was important enough that I knew I needed to go before dinner. After all, we have trained our children well in being dead-set on what they drink with their meals.

Anyway, that meant I had to postpone the run until lunch-time. Which meant I ended up cutting the run short to get some work done. Which meant instead of the full 70 minute run, I had 50 minutes. But it was better than nothing.

Weather:
Indoor temps were about 74F.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was two slices of toast, two eggs, and two pieces of sausage. Also coffee and a yogurt. During the run I had Hammer Fizz and an applesauce. Recovery was leftover lunch of noodles, corn, and beef. And some marshmallows for dessert.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore my new North Face shorts. Even though they were a large, they were loose in the crotch (but not enough to chafe). Maybe the wrong things are shrinking.

Naughty Neil:
Ugh. I'd rather not talk about it. Too many snacks at night.

Today's Motivation:
New gear is always a motivation to run. Just wish I had the time to test out my new shoes.

Treadmill:
Time - 49:12
Distance - 2.4 miles
Incline - 3
Speed - 2.0 to 4.5 (AVG 3.0)
Elevation - 387 feet
Entertainment -  The Hunger Games: Catching Fire


Splits:
Finish - 49:12

No comments: