Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Welcome to -edited-

So the new year has started and I've already neglected to post in my blog. For my devoted fans out there, I sincerely apologize.


Fans.....the only fan I have is sitting on my desk!


Anyway, I was on a bit of a hiatus over the holidays. A few things caught up to me and they needed more attention than my blog. So, I'll do my best to catch everyone up on a few things.


-edited-

-edited-


Family

The big news here is Yvonne is pregnant again. At least that is the preliminary result. We go to the doctor tomorrow, so we'll see if we find out more then. The projected due date is early September. My gut says it's a boy, but I think I actually want another girl. I guess time will tell.


In other news, we got to spend some time with Dad on Christmas (and before and after Christmas too). Elizabeth got a bunch of presents. Clothes, toys, and everything in between. [I'll try to post pictures later to today.] She did very well with the opening and the whole "idea" behind the presents. Only asked a couple of times for more presents. Yvonne's parents and her youngest sister also came to visit after Christmas. Which meant more presents. The weather was decent so she got to try out her new bike (from her Uncle Carlo) but it ended up raining when they left (all Monica's fault).


Everyone is doing well on both sides of the family. No major issues. And from the sounds of it, everyone had a good holiday.


Genealogy

I've been working on the family tree pretty frequently for the past 6 months or so. When Uncle Denny died, I got the bug again to find out more about everyone in the tree. To date, we have just short of 30,000 people in the tree dating back to about 1300. My direct lineage isn't as complete as I'd like, but it gets difficult finding things from overseas that are more than a hundred years old. For any family members interested, I can look up some specific people online to see if I can find them. I've found some interesting items so far (namely WWI draft cards). And a big shout out to my cousin Eric for the kudos on the family research. Really helps keep me going when I hear people enjoy what I do.


Reading

My reading hasn't started too well this year. I ended last year with the Stargate SG-1 Ultimate Visual Guide by Kate Ritter. The review is still pending my final approval, but I hope to have it up at Fantasy Book Spot soon. This year I've already got a long list in my stack to read and I hate carrying them over from year to year. Maybe I'll be motivated enough to get things read before buying more. And with another child on the way, budgeting my book collecting will be important.


Everything Else

Oh, so much else went on these past few weeks, I don't remember it all. We saw the General Lee downtown one day. Dad and I went through some of his mom's estate. A lot of neat stuff and a little junk. Oh, so much more and I don't know where to start. So, for those reading this blog [my mom, cousin Eric, Epheros, and myself], I hope your new year has started well and I hope it continues to get better every day.


One last thing, a photo of Violet Mae Phillips [circa the spring of 1934]. She was the sister of my grandmother (dad's mom). Enjoy!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey...*I* read this, too!

And congratulations to you both! The last 5 family babies (back 3 years, to Cooper) have been girls. Don't mess with a good thing! It's amazing to see the difference not only between the personalities, but between the sexes, so you're good either way you go. Are you going to find out??

love, cinda