Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Pledge on a Shower Curtain

So, three weeks ago, I was cleaning our bathroom before going to work (about the only perk to working the late shift) and I was dusting things here and there as there isn't much to dust in a bathroom.


Anyway, I made a discovery (S. C. Johnson, feel free to send me some free Pledge).


Pledge works as a great lubricant on the shower curtain rod.


We have a standard two-part curtain where the inner section is the waterproof vinyl and the outer section is the decorative curtain. These hang from the fancy brushed nickel hooks and slide on a basic curtain rod.


Well, the damn hooks always provide some resistance when opening or closing them. I think it's a combination of the intense humidity and the metal on plastic that causes some sort of increased friction.


Well, I decided the rod needed dusting and the curtain has been sliding like greased lightning since. I love it.


And the dork in me lost the argument. I was going to make a video of my discovery but decided not to. Sorry Dorky Me.

No comments: