Monday, January 08, 2007

Weekend Weather and Reading

We had some wonderful weather this weekend. Got to about 73 on Saturday. Didn't really know what to do with all the sun. So I settled for shorts and a t-shirt. Yesterday brought some cooler temps and eventually rain. And more rain. Still raining today. After a year in Bellevue (just outside of Seattle) as a kid and 5 years in Edinboro (just south of Erie, PA) for college, I've grown to hate the rain.

No, that's not quite right.

I HATE the rain!

Speaking of weather, I ran across this a couple of weeks ago.


Dad and I were rummaging through what was left of his mom's estate from 20 years ago. I got such a kick out of this, I took it home. It now graces my desk along with a tube of chap stick, a GI Joe (12" Paratrooper Duke), and photos of Elizabeth and Yvonne. And my pine scented candle (unlit of course).
Aside from the usual shopping this weekend, not too much to report. I watched several movies, most notably were A Series Of Unfortunate Events and The Missing. I was surprised at how much I liked ASOUE. Even after watching it a second time.
And I finished a book (a Christmas present from my sister-in-law). While the stories were quite interesting, the editing was horrid, nay, non-existent. I'm not the best speller, nor the best editor, but I daresay I'd have polished this collection of short stories into something a bit more readable. But, as I said, it was nice to learn more about the Carpetbaggers and their missions during WWII. *[I'll post separately what change in reading habits this book brought about.]
I also started a book that's been waiting for some time to be read. It stars Carolyn Keene and Franklin W. Dixon, the pseudonym authors behind Nancy Drew and the Hardy Boys. Quite a good read so far.

No comments: