Friday, January 05, 2007

Spaz on a Plane

Yes, that's right, I'm the King of Spazs. I have it on good authority (my wife and her fellow teacher and friend Rhonda) that I have taken the prize. A few weeks back, there was some doubt as to the veracity of my ruling power when a fellow husband made a comment about a song about being undefined. He said it reminded him of dividing by zero.

While there was some discussion as to if that fell into the Spaz or Nerd category, it was an odd enough remark to bring my rule into question.

But alas, I have yet again proven my strength.

About a year ago, I heard about this weird movie called Snakes On A Plane. Then a website was created called Snakes On A Blog. I ended up buying a shirt. Then making a shirt to wear to the movie. Even my co-workers went with me (in matching shirts). It was the culmination of months of anticipation.

And now I'm forever immortalized on the Snakes On A Plane DVD. That's right, I'm on the DVD. I was contact by Automat (a company that worked on the special features) and signed a release form and sent them a photo. And it ended up on the DVD.

What a Spaz.

Yvonne and Elizabeth called my sister-in-law last night on the web cam and started chatting. Yvonne told her sister about me being on the DVD and the obvious question she asked was how I got on the DVD.

My response? Because I'm a dork.

Want to see me? From the main menu, go to Special Features and select Documentaries. From there, watch the one on Snakes On A Blog. At about 9 minutes and 12 seconds (just a few seconds shy of the end) you can see me wearing a yellow shirt, holding a trophy, and pointing to myself like an ass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi.My name is Becky Lougheed and I just found your blog when I looked up Harriett Hollingsworth on your family tree. She was my grandfathers grandmother LOL Congrats on your new one :-) Babys are so sweet. I hope your wife has an easy time :-) Do you have a boy or a girl now??

Neil Richard said...

We have a girl now and another on the way (due in September). Still don't know the sex yet of the second one.