Friday, February 17, 2012

Yesterday's Second Run - Schwing!

Report:
Huge difference in this morning's run and this afternoon's run. Maybe it was the music. Maybe it was the rain. Maybe it was just getting so fed up with all the shit flowing downhill that I decided to just DAM IT! and go run. And thus did the shitty waters recede as I blew a hole in the damn dam.

Okay, enough crappy humor. The run was a last minute thought. I cranked some music, got in the mood, and decided to just gun it out the door. Yanked on new socks, changed clothes, and ran into the rain. There were a ton of black birds (Starlings I think) flapping around the trees around me but beyond that, things were pretty quiet. Although I did feel a bit of pleasure as I passed the scary dog's house and made it a good quarter mile down the road before he saw me and charged the fence.

Weather:
Temps were about 50F to 55F. It rained but nothing too terrible. It felt fitting considering my pissed off mood from this morning. Overcast skies. Wind picked up on the inbound leg.

Fluids and Fuel:
This was a lunch-time run so there was no food prior to the run. I did take some Hammer Gel before I started. I took one bottle of watered-down GU Brew. Recovery was one Hammer Soy packet mixed into an iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
No real issues.

Gear:
Wore my Saucony jacket to keep my iPod dry. It kept me warm and quite sweaty by the end of the run. Also wore my new Smartwool socks. So far no issues with blisters.

Codename - Schwing!
Thanks to Royanna H. I nearly went commando on this run. Instead I opted to wear my RUEZ underwear. And then I thought about all those ladies running commando. Combine that with watching the opening scenes of Wayne's World and I had the ladies on my brain. And the brooding anger from this morning.

Splits:
Outbound - 20:07
Inbound - 19:30 (pushed hard in the last quarter mile to finish with a negative split)
Finish - 39:38 (my PR for this route is 38:44 which makes today's run my second fastest time)

No comments: