Thursday, February 23, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Daffy Daffodils

Report:
Yet another day for a delayed-until-lunch run and for sitting at my desk shirtless in a vain attempt to cool off after my shower. Thank goodness I work from home. All my hot co-workers would be swarming my steamy, sweaty, and sexy body. Like a moth to a flame, they would fling themselves upon me in an attempt to kill themselves so they wouldn't have to look at my hairy back anymore.

But anyway, my frustration and stress level was very high this morning so I nearly skipped out on the run today. I played some YelaWolf and eventually got in the mood. I nearly changed routes at the last minute but opted to attempt my first ever Four Points run. Nothing terribly exciting but hey, gotta shoot for something.

I did manage to score some waves along the way. A couple (farmer and his wife) and their dog were out in the fields and I scored a wave from each of them (well, not the dog). I also got a wave from many drivers and even a pedestrian walking the other way. Best of all, my dad passed by me on Dead Man's Curve in the opposite direction as he was driving my son back to my house after their weekly trip to the library. How funny. I made sure to thank him for not hitting me after I got back.

Weather:
Temps were about 55F to 60F. Sun was out but there were clouds out too. Wind was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was eggs, oatmeal, yogurt, and coffee. Pre-run fuel was a smidgen of Hammer Gel. During the run I had one bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was leftover pork chop, rice-a-roni, peas, cookies, and an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
My shins were a bit sore as I started but they warmed up soon enough.

Gear:
Went commando in my Saucony compression shorts. Not too much chafing. Also forgot my watch so my times were just an estimate.

Codename - Daffy Daffodils
Saw a few at Caledon the other day and a few more along the road today. Goofy weather is making them think it's spring already.

Splits:
Times are a guess based on the crude timing device on my pedometer.
Outbound - 21:00
Inbound - 21:00
Finish - 42:00 (my training PR for this route is 43:36)

No comments: