Sunday, February 19, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Brunch Run

Report:
I put the run in brunch today. Ate breakfast, waited an hour, and promptly went for a run. My wife wasn't too please but I did what I could to get something on the books.

Weather:
Temps were about 35F at the start but warmed quickly to 40F.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, oatmeal, toast, eggs, and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of GU Brew. Recovery was a small bottle of Ensure.

Aches and Pains:
My stomach felt okay but heavy. Beyond that, everything felt fine.

Gear:
Nothing terribly exciting. Wore my UnderArmour pants/leggings and they did a great job keeping me warm. Although my butt felt chilly at the start.

Codename - Brunch Run
I usually wait 2 or more hours after a meal to eat but in this case I knew I'd be out of time before I was actually on the road so I booked it out the door while I could. And even though my wife was worried I'd be late and make us late for our usual day of grocery shopping, it turns out I got back while she still had a good 5 minutes left in the shower. Figures.

Splits:
Outbound - 20:27
Inbound - 18:47 (awesome negative split)
Finish - 39:14 (a new almost-PR - now my second fastest time on this route)

No comments: