Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Before and After

In an attempt to take some before and after photos of my weight loss, I found out that I'm not necessarily losing weight as I expected. I did lose weight and even lost inches around my waist. That was awesome. But every time I looked in the mirror or looked down in the shower, my gut was still huge. Granted, I hadn't lost ten inches or 100 pounds but still, it looked like no progress was made.

Then I noticed myself contracting my abdominal muscles sub-consciously. Sounds crazy. Makes me feel crazy. But I love how it feels under all that blubber. I can actually feel muscles under there. No, not a six pack of abs. But something. And that was cool. So then I started wondering, maybe my big gut is just a lazy gut.

So that's the idea behind the photos below. First, here's the lazy gut.



Next, we have the active gut.



I don't know about you, but I can see the difference. I just wish my gut wasn't so lazy all the time.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Hey, are those C9 underwear you have on?

Neil Richard said...

Why yes, yes they are. I'm almost afraid to ask why you noticed or why you care.