Friday, March 17, 2006

Divine Bovine

There is nothing quite as divine
As a grilled piece of bovine

Sure, there’s Mad Cow Disease to worry about.  But I really don’t care.  I watched an episode of Sea Quest-DSV (season 1) where beef was illegal.  Produce was even genetically engineered to be better for you.  And it made me think, why?  Beef is tasty.  Beef is good.

It tastes too damn good to make illegal.

So, I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my little slice of heaven and I’d like to express my deepest thanks to the following people that made it happen:

  • The local rancher or farmer that raised the cow.

  • The local butcher that bought the cow for slaughter.

  • The local butcher’s employees for doing such a good job in carving it.

  • My dad for buying the side of beef and sharing a few steaks.

  • The near or distant workers involved in making my grill.

  • The local retailer that sold me the grill.

  • The (really) local campground guy for refilling my propane tank.

  • The near or distant producers of the seasoning used to enhance the flavor of the steak.

  • My wife for watching me eat my steak while she was too sick to eat a full serving of rice.

Happy trails fellow steak eaters.  May your steak be tender and your knife sharp.

No comments: