Thursday, April 16, 2015

Shady's Back, Back Again

For the first time in, I don't know how long, I got the chance to go back out for a run. I know I shouldn't take it for granted, but I always do. Until I can't run, then I realize what a dope I've been for not appreciating it more. So today, I did my best to appreciate being back out there in the woods, on my feet, having fun.

I went out way too fast with about a 6 minute per half mile pace. Every half mile I added 30 seconds to keep myself in check and it felt nice. I wasn't really in a big rush but I could feel the need for speed.

Vine:
https://vine.co/v/ezb1FYTIQZ1


Weather:
Temps were 45F. Wind was light. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Half a coffee before the run. Water and applesauce during the run. Recovery was 2 eggs, 2 sausage, 2 pieces of gluten free bread, yogurt, and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing hurt other than some residual aches due to running for the first time in weeks.

Gear:
Wore thermal top, long sleeve top, shorts, BUFF, and gloves.

Naughty Neil:
I would say I feel guilty about eating ice cream last night but it was a celebration so to hell with it.

Today's Motivation:
The end of the busy season at work means less stress.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 13:14
Mile 2 - 14:40
Finish - 27:56

No comments: