Tuesday, April 28, 2015

I Blame Ethan

Still recovering from my sinus infection and allergies blowing up. Even though I've had two nights of decent sleep now, I'm still hacking and sneezing and dripping all over. Just not as much as before. So I powered through the start of my workout and promptly got smacked about for realizing the amount of effort I needed to finish it. An hour slaving away on the treadmill quickly became a few minutes of wheezing and then stopping for a walk break. That walk break turned into just a walk soon enough as it became apparent that I just wasn't going to make it.

And since walking was making me sweat but still let me breath, I figured it was better than nothing. So I walked. Sometimes fast, sometimes slow, but enough to tread that fine line between passing out from lack of oxygen and dripping with sweat.

Weather:
Indoor temps were about 74F.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run was half a coffee. During the run was plain water and half an applesauce. Recovery was two ham, egg, and cheese burritos, two slices of toast, yogurt, and the rest of my coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Aside from the lungs being on fire, everything felt fine. Still some mild tenderness on the bottom of my right foot from the rock the other day but it's healing.

Gear:
Wore shorts and t-shirt.

Naughty Neil:
I at too much for lunch but kept things in check during and after dinner.

Today's Motivation:
Trying to get back on track after being sick. It's rough but I want to keep things in the groove.

Treadmill:
Time - 61:11
Distance - 2.5 miles
Incline - 3
Speed - 2.0 to 4.0 (AVG 2.5)
Elevation - 391 feet
Entertainment - LOST (the episode where they find the Dharma lab where Ethan took Claire)

Splits:
Finish - 1:01:11

No comments: