Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Really Awesome Title

I had a really awesome title for today's run. But I forgot it somewhere in the last mile. Figures. I was all over the place today, mentally, during my run. So much so I revived my dead podcast to record part of an episode. Sheesh, what was I thinking?

Anyway, I snagged my camera cards and went for a nice run in the woods. I know the bugs are coming as I saw my first horsefly today. Damn things. The rest of the run was fairly uneventful. Pissed off a few geese who honked and honked at me.

Photo:


Weather:
Temps were about 40F at the start and quickly jumped to about 50F by the end. Sky was clear. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Half a coffee before the run. During the run I had plain water and applesauce. Recovery was an egg sandwich, two blueberry muffins, yogurt, and coffee. I really, REALLY wanted a donut but got the muffins instead.

Aches and Pains:
Ran over a few rocks that reminded me my right foot was still a bit tender. Aside from that, I was feeling much better than yesterday. Still wheezy a bit and certainly coughed up and blew out a ton of mucus but it was all clear so that's good.

Gear:
Wore shorts, thermal top, short sleeved shirt, gloves, and BUFF.

Naughty Neil:
I should have come home and had a "good" breakfast. But I was in the mood for not-so-good food. And just before I got there, I saw a license plate that looked like it said donut. So I was in the mood for a donut. But I didn't get one. I got two blueberry muffins. I'm sure they were just as unhealthy for me but it made me feel good about making a better choice. The breakfast sandwich I got wasn't great but it was about as healthy as I could get there. And instead of my kryptonite iced latte, I went with iced coffee with a dash of sugar and skim milk. So, good choices this morning. And last night I had popcorn instead of ice cream.

Today's Motivation:
My cameras. It's been a couple of days and I missed them. Starting to wonder if I should name them so I can keep track of them. Hmmm.....let me brew on that for a bit.

Splits:
Begin - 11:08
Mile 1 - 14:46
Mile 2 - 14:10
End - 2:20
Finish - 42:25

No comments: