Thursday, April 30, 2015

The Promise of the Nap King

I fought the bed and I won. Sort of. I really wanted to go back to bed this morning but ended up convincing myself that I'd be able to take a nap later in the day. So that's the little promise I told myself. And one that I hope I can keep.

The rest of the run was fairly normal. Went way slow just because I was tired and because I felt like it. Managed to spot check most of my trail cameras and did some extra, off the books, hiking/running to move them around a bit. And that was it. Just another day in the woods.

Photo:

Weather:
Temps were about 50F. Sky was overcast. No wind. Humidity was moderate.

Fluids and Fuel:
Just a few sips of coffee before the run. During the run was plain water. Recovery was three slices of toast, three pieces of bacon, two eggs, and more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Right foot was re-aggravated yesterday so it was a bit tender in the shower today after the run. Aside from that, everything else felt fine.

Gear:
Wore shorts, long sleeve shirt, and BUFF.

Today's Motivation:
Seeing 40 minutes is nice on my plan. It's a short enough run that I can easily accomplish it without taking too much time out of my day. That doesn't always mean it's an easy run but the time investment is small.

Naughty Neil:
I had a beer last night. Just because. I must be getting old because I felt hungover this morning.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 15:27
Mile 2 - 16:04
End - 8:29
Finish - 40:00

No comments: