Saturday, August 18, 2012

GOZ SLO

Report:
Just a short run today since I pulled 8 yesterday. But I ended up going fast today for some reason. Must have been peer pressure. Anyway, got my run on and felt only a little wheezy by the end.

Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Sun was out. Light breeze. No humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was oatmeal, yogurt, and iced coffee. During the run I had one bottle of water. After the run, I had a bottle of chocolate ZICO. That was followed by a second breakfast of eggs, potatoes, and yogurt when I got home.

Aches and Pains:
The oatmeal sat heavy in my gut during the run but that could have been caused by the fast first mile. Beyond that, I felt a little wheezy in the last half mile but I was pushing a little harder than I should have.

Gear:
No special gear but I completely forgot about my hat and sunglasses. So I dealt with squinty eyes and sun glare.

Codename - GOZ SLO
For those of you in the area, you may be familiar with this particular car. Or not. You see, I know license plates for some odd reason. And I've seen this car in the area several times. Well today, it whizzed by us going quite fast. So if you know this person, please remind them that runners and other pedestrians would be grateful if they slowed down when you went past them.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 9:41
Mile 2 - 10:32
Mile 3 - 10:17
Finish - 31:29 (all of about 20 seconds off my PR - what the actual fuck?)

No comments: