Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Delirious Shrooms in the Purple Rain

Report:
Just a run. Nothing fancy or special about it. Had some stuff on my mind and did my best to shove last night's dream into the deepest, darkest corner of my brain. The last 5 miles I worked on nailing the door shut so it would never come out again.

Yup, that pretty much sums it up for today.



Weather:
Temps were about 80F with high humidity again. Clouds were out nearly the whole time even though I could tell the sun was out too. Only had a slight breeze in the last mile. Light rain came about half an hour after I finished.

Fluids and Fuel:
First breakfast was yogurt and iced coffee. During the run I had one bottle of water and one bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery, second breakfast, was an egg, cheese, and roast beef wrap, oatmeal, and another iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
My right ankle felt tight for the first mile or so. It's the top part where the foot meets the leg. Kind of like where you tie the bow on your shoelaces. After awhile it loosened up. Felt like a knuckle that needed to be cracked. Outside of that, it was just hard to breathe with the stuffy air.

Gear:
No special gear other than my phone. I did ditch my hat after the first 3 miles.

Codename - Delirious Shrooms in the Purple Rain
Listened to some Prince on the second half of my run and did my best to stick to my 50% rule of no music until the second half of the run. Also saw a lot of mushrooms on the side of the road today. Kind of odd but certainly a sign of how hot and humid it's been lately.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:11
Mile 2 - 13:23 (includes a pee break)
Mile 3 - 11:29
First 5k - 36:27
Mile 4 - 11:18
Mile 5 - 11:23
Mile 6 - 11:19
Second 5k - 35:02
Finish - 1:11:29

No comments: