Wednesday, August 08, 2012

Crazy Walker

Report:
Working some kinks out this afternoon. And boy am I kinky.

Ahem.

So I got up this morning, turned on the news, and promptly rolled back into bed. Once I eventually got my fat ass out of bed, I was motivated enough to eat, drink some coffee, and go to work. Which left me with my lunch break to run.

And run I did. A little. And walked. A little. Overall, things went fairly well. Felt stiff, sore, and tired but things eventually smoothed out and I was able to suffer through the heat, humidity, and horse flies like I normally do. I took plenty of walking breaks, especially on the uphills, but found myself running up a few just because I felt like I was going too slow. Not too much else exciting going on during my run.

Weather:
Temps were about 80F, humidity was very high, sky was overcast, wind was light. Lots of dark clouds and thunder in the distance but no rain.

Fluids and Fuel:
Took a Hammer Gel (Montana Huckleberry) before the run and I hated it. Took a bottle of water during the run and finished it. Recovery was chocolate ZICO followed by water and shredded wheat.

Aches and Pains:
Pretty much everything hurt, but nothing too major. Mostly just stiff hamstrings, quads, and calves. Feet were a little tender and I could feel my blisters flare up at one point, but by the end, everything was fine.

Gear:
No special gear since I thought it would rain.

Codename - Crazy Walker
I swear, every time I got tired and started to walk, a car drove by. Every. Freaking. Time. So today I got to look like a crazy, topless, walker.

Splits:
Outbound - 21:39
Inbound - 21:16
Finish - 42:55

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I didn't even turn on the news. I just turned off the alarm and went back to bed. Then I had to run in the AFTERNOON. But no horseflies here. Those things are terrible.