Friday, January 13, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Drawing a Blank

Report:
Lunch time run. I was going to take it easy today and catch up on some miscellaneous crap but it turns out the weather was just too nice to ignore. With temps nearing what I'd expect for spring or summer, I opted to go out in shorts, t-shirt, and gloves. The shirt lasted half a mile before it came off. Oh yeah! You missed it ladies, I ran topless. Be thankful. I look like about as pale as Conan O'Brien and as hairy as Zach Galifianakis. Careful there, don't choke on your lunch as you puke it up.

Anyway, it felt awesome to get out there and feel the wind in my hair. Especially when I lifted my arms.

Okay, okay, I'll try not to gross you out too much. The run went well. Nothing terribly exciting other than a few angry dogs and a few people giving me the "what the hell is his problem" stare. Like I said before, I didn't plan on going out but I'm glad I did. Tomorrow's schedule will be a bit hectic so I need to focus on work and other things to make sure I'm squared away before the weekend. Nothing like cramming on Fridays.

Weather:
Temps were about 60F with a slight wind. Sun was out in full with only a few wispy clouds in the sky.

Fluids and Fuel:
I already posted my breakfast in my other workout. I had nothing after that meal except for some water. Right before my run I took an e-Gel. Durin gmy run I had a bottle of NUUN and a bottle of water. I finished both by the end. Recovery was some chocolate ZICO, cheese, and potato chips (healthy, I know).

Gear:
Had to clip my iPod to my shorts as I wasn't wearing a shirt. Seemed to work just fine. Also wore my XL North Face shorts. Seemed to work just as well as my Larges.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing in particular that I can think of.

Codename - Drawing a Blank
I had one, actually two, while I was running but couldn't remember them by the time I got back. Guess I flushed out too many toxins on the run.

Splits:
Outbound - 33:01
Inbound - 33:09
Finish - 1:06:11

No comments: