Friday, January 06, 2012

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...

Earlier this week, I asked for help in naming my iPod Shuffle. Today, I'm asking for help in what to do with some Christmas money. I've pretty much decided I'll be buying a third pair of Altra shoes (review here). I love the shoes, they fit my feet, and frankly, my toes have never been happier. So I want more in my closet to help build up my rotation before my Saucony shoes get retired. I have a few already nearing the end of their running career.

So what do I need help with if I've already decided I want another pair? I need help in decided which ones to get. I've ruled out the Adams just because I'm not quite ready to run in shoes that are that minimalist. That leaves the Instincts and the Lone Peaks. I have a pair of each already. The Instincts are a great road shoe and I can always use more. The Lone Peaks are a great trail shoe and after seeing how dirty my pair are right now, a second pair in the wings would be nice to have while the first pair dry out.

My dilemma is that the Instincts come in grey or black. I already have a pair in grey and I don't like black shoes. The Lone Peaks come in one color, which I already have. So I don't know if I should go with a different color in the Instincts to make it easy to tell them apart of if I should just get another pair in grey. Same problem with the Lone Peaks except I could get them in a half size smaller since my current pair is a size 11 and I wear a 10.5. So they'd be the same color but different sizes.

Argh. I don't know where this post is going. I guess I'm trying to talk myself into facing my own obsessive compulsive need to have shoes in different colors just so I can tell them apart to make tracking my miles easier. Feel free to chime in with any ideas or suggestions on how to handle things. Besides looking for a therapist. I already know I need one of those. Thankfully running is cheaper.

There is a small glimmer of hope on the horizon though. Altra is now asking their fans what colors they'd like in 2012. A glimmer. I'll take it and run. Meanwhile, I'll be awaiting your suggestions.

No comments: