Monday, October 22, 2007

Uncle Red

Uncle Red passed away yesterday (Red was his nickname). He was a great-uncle (or grand-uncle depending on how you want to look at it) to me. My grandmother's brother-in-law on my dad's side.

It's always a sad day when news like this arrives, but I never really knew Uncle Red. I knew OF him, but didn't really KNOW him. In fact, I can only remember meeting him once, and that was last year at Uncle Denny's funeral.

Well, I wish I could share more about him and his life, but I really don't know that much. So I'll share what few photos I have of him.

Here he is with his wife (Aunt Blondie).

And here he is (holding the cake) with Uncle Danny.

Here he is with the "in-laws" (my grandfather is in the back row, far right - Uncle Red is in the front on the far left).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not to make light of this or anything, but doesn't he look like Red - the dad - from That 70's Show? For some reason I just thought the name was very appropriate.

Sorry to hear though.

~Epheros Aldor - Apostle of Cale

Neil Richard said...

Never watched the show, but yeah, he kind of does. And humor is fine. Helps celebrate life, right?