Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Today's Interesting Find

So I've been taking some family history stuff to work for scanning over the past year or so. It's easy to just pile a stack of papers into the sheet feeder and let the machine do all the work.

Well, in my most recent stack, I found a handwritten copy of The Death of Floyd Collins. Having never heard of Floyd Collins or his death, I assumed he was a relative. After a little research, I don't think he is. Here's his Wiki page. And here's a sample MP3 of the song (which is what I found). Not sure why there's a copy of the lyrics.

I also have some newspaper clippings that aren't too exciting. The second-most interesting find in this stack was the collection of articles from 1938 that talk about each state. And each article has a pattern that can be used for embroidery. Makes me think of my grandmother's hand sewn dish towels for every day of the week.

No comments: