Monday, August 12, 2013

Not Far Enough

Did another Zombie mission and I think I need to start over again and actually read some of the instructions first and maybe even pay attention to the conversation. So far I've just been running with it on and hearing only bits and pieces of the mission and ending up completely lost. Oh well. I already paid for it so I may as well use it.

Let's see, what else is going on. Oh, the run. So I went out, came back, and didn't get my ass run over and didn't pass out. I went in way under fueled for what I'm used to and probably got a little over heated. But again, I survived.

Photos:


Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Humidity was moderate to high. Sun was out in full. There was a light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was iced coffee and yogurt (about 500 to 700 less than normal). During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was some push-ups, squats, a cold shower, and then a trip to the dump. When I finally ate, it was an iced latte, burger, and mozzarella sticks.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt but I was getting a bit warm by the end.

Gear:
Wore a black hat (mistake) and a headband under it. Also wore my new phone carrier (aka STRETCH) and my new sweat bands (like, straight out of the 80s sweat bands). Everything seemed to work fine but it was probably a little too sunny for a black hat.

Experiment:
Took my phone in the new carrier and took my small pepper spray.

Splits:
Outbound - 24:11
Inbound - 23:10
Finish - 47:21

No comments: