Friday, August 02, 2013

Cowabunga Dude!

Didn't push myself too much on this one since I was just aiming to survive the ride and get a free lunch. Work was nice enough to spend $10 on my lunch thanks to a new fiscal year. Guess that money was burning a hole in their pocket.

Outside of that, my big excitement was saving a turtle as he tried to cross the road. I'm no turtle lover but I didn't want the little guy to end up as turtle soup. So I pushed him (gently) off the road with my foot. No, I'm sure as hell not going to use my hands to touch him.

And that was about it.


Temps were about 75F to 80F. Humidity was moderate. Sun was out in full. Light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, one egg, and iced coffee. Had a bottle of plain water going out and nothing on the way back. Recovery was an iced latte, burger, and some more Falling Skies.

Aches and Pains:
Quads felt a little sore but that was about it.

No special gear.

Took my large pepper spray, knife, and new phone. All rode well in my cycle jersey.

Ah, screw the splits.
Finish - 43:22

No comments: