Friday, August 02, 2013

Cowabunga Dude!

Didn't push myself too much on this one since I was just aiming to survive the ride and get a free lunch. Work was nice enough to spend $10 on my lunch thanks to a new fiscal year. Guess that money was burning a hole in their pocket.

Outside of that, my big excitement was saving a turtle as he tried to cross the road. I'm no turtle lover but I didn't want the little guy to end up as turtle soup. So I pushed him (gently) off the road with my foot. No, I'm sure as hell not going to use my hands to touch him.

And that was about it.

Photos:


Weather:
Temps were about 75F to 80F. Humidity was moderate. Sun was out in full. Light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, one egg, and iced coffee. Had a bottle of plain water going out and nothing on the way back. Recovery was an iced latte, burger, and some more Falling Skies.

Aches and Pains:
Quads felt a little sore but that was about it.

Gear:
No special gear.

Experiment:
Took my large pepper spray, knife, and new phone. All rode well in my cycle jersey.

Splits:
Ah, screw the splits.
Finish - 43:22

No comments: