Wednesday, August 07, 2013

Going Back to Bama

Thanks to Melli H. and Karyl-Lynne T. for providing the peer pressure I needed to get off my rump and out the door. Seeing their miles up there this morning put me into a bit of a "one-up" mode of thinking. And pulling a page from KL's training book, I even started my Zombies Run missions all over again. It kept me entertained for a bit along with some music by Yelawolf. Didn't see anything extra-special to mention but I did feel good moving along. I think the music is really what pushed me today so I'm glad I thought about it.

Video:
This is the Yelawolf song that was pretty much the anthem for the run.



Photos:



Weather:
Temps were about 75F to 80F. Mostly cloudy with a nice breeze. Humidity was high.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, a burrito, an egg, and some iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite and some wraps. I was going to make a salad but felt like something different so I made wraps with ham, cheese, broccoli, lettuce, and some Dorothy Lynch (if you're from Nebraska, you know what I'm talking about). I then went a bit Norwegian and had a wrap with butter and whipped honey as dessert.

Aches and Pains:
I think I'm just about fully recovered from my 50k. I felt some soreness during the run but after stretching at the end, I felt much better.

Gear:
No special gear. In fact, I felt a little naked out there.

Experiment:
Took just my cell phone since I forgot everything else. Had to carry it in my hand since they don't fit in the pockets. Towards the end I just stashed it in my ass.

Splits:
Outbound - 22:44
Inbound - 20:55
Finish - 43:40

No comments: