Friday, September 14, 2012

Le Sigh

Report:
In dealing with my own personal mess, I come back from my run to find that Tabbystar is bringing me down even further with her negativity. Pretty soon I'll be camping out on Derek R. feed just so I can have a good laugh.

Anyway, today's run was a mess. I got just about as far away as I could get from my starting point when my wife wanted me to run an errand. One that couldn't wait. So I finished my run, ran the errand, and barely made it home before work started. I have yet to take a shower. And I won't have time to take one until I'm done with work today. A full nine hours from now. I feel sorry for the balance ball that I sit on. It's not going to be happy.

The run itself was meh. Nothing terribly exciting beyond the mist/fog. That's always neat to look at. And that was about it.

Here are a few photos from runs/hikes in the past week or so.

Flowers down the road from me.

Fossil Beach at Westmoreland State Park.





A hole in a tree.




Tree on the stairs.




The view from Poopy Point.


Weather:
Temps were about 60F. I think. I honestly didn't pay attention. Humidity was higher than expected. Sun was out. Moderate amount of fog in the tree tops.

Fluids and Fuel:
One glass of water for breakfast. One bottle of water during the run. One breakfast burrito, two eggs, iced coffee, and a yogurt for recovery.

Aches and Pains:
My left quad is still fucked up. I can run and walk on it but it doesn't like the running part. Right ankle felt tight.

Gear:
Wore gloves for the first half. Nothing else. Well, I wore clothes, obviously, but you know what I mean. Oh, and I kept my shirt on the entire time.

Codename - Le Sigh
Why do I come up with these stupid codenames? Nobody really cares anyway.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:26
Mile 2 - 12:29
Mile 3 - 11:18
Finish - 36:15

No comments: