Thursday, September 06, 2012

Five Oh Doh

Report:
I think I messed up my leg somehow. Not sure yet but I need to take a rest day and to reassess later this week. What's messed up? My left quad. It was a tiny bit tweaky last week; maybe 1 out of 10 on the pain scale. Sunday's long run ramped it up to about 2 or 3 on the pain scale but it was still within my limits and fully expected. After all, 20 miles is bound to leave you with some aches and pains. Then came yesterday's run. Just 6 miles and it got progressively worse. Maybe a 5 out of 10. If I had been smart, I would have quit while I was ahead. But no, I went out and did 3 miles today. And my pain went from a 2 to a 7 by the end of the run. Not good. So I'm going to just chill the hell out tomorrow, foam roll, and keep things as loose as possible.

Weather:
Temps were about 75F and the humidity was high. Mostly cloudy sky with a decent breeze of about 15 mph or so.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and water. During the run I had a bottle of water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite mixed with milk and water which was followed by an egg, breakfast burrito, and iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
My left quad was the biggest issue. My left hip and glute were also a bit tweaky but it may have been due to some altered strides. Shins were also a bit sore.

Gear:
None.

Codename - Five Oh Doh
Saw a cop yesterday and what do I see in the first half mile today? Another cop executing a very short traffic stop. After that, I saw a guy walking to work or to his carpool stop. And then, on the way back, I saw a doe and two fawns. And even though the "doe" made for an interesting sight, I was pretty distracted for most of the run by my "doh" move of running on a bum leg.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:56
Mile 2 - 12:11
Mile 3 - 12:57
Finish - 38:04

No comments: