Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Wake up the gimp

Report:
Managed to actually run for more than 2 steps today. Right knee is still pretty gimpy-limpy but it felt good enough to push things beyond my 50% threshold. No worries, I didn't push myself too hard. Just enough to break a sweat and feel good about getting out the door. Saw a woodpecker (heard him first) on the run. Outside of that, just two work crews building decks. Weather was nice and the rest of the run/walk/shuffle was pretty boring.


Weather:
Temps were about 60F. Full sun. Almost no wind. No humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a breakfast burrito, iced coffee, and greek yogurt. During the run I had a bottle of water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
Back of the right knee is still hurting and still tight but is bearable. It felt fine running down hills and walking up hills but everything in between I could feel the muscles back there complaining.

Gear:
Wore a long sleeve shirt (was a bit too much at the end but nice and warm at the start). Wore my new North Face hat (fits great) and my new Rudy Project sunglasses (so far, they're okay).

Codename - Wake up the gimp
Today was the best (and fastest) I've felt since Oil Creek. Fingers crossed that things continue in this direction. Meanwhile, I'm doing my best to wake up the gimp.

Splits:
Outbound - 16:30
Inbound - 14:51 (my first negative split in ages!)
Finish - 31:22

No comments: