Friday, October 05, 2012

Testing, 1 2 3 4 5 , Testing

Report:
Just a short leg stretcher before heading back to work. Took the morning off to see the doctor about my ankle. Turns out it won't be falling off any time soon. What happened? Well, not sure if I explained it all before or not but I scored a nice cut on it last weekend. Did my usual walk around the car while I was getting gas and cut my left ankle on the rusty metal piece that ran around the edge of the concrete curb that the gas pump sits on. Phew! So, any way, the cut started oozing a bit this morning and looked worse than it did last night so I just made a decision to get it checked out. I felt like such a hypochondriac but I'm glad nothing's wrong with it. She said just keep it clean and watch for red streaks. And in the mean time, I'll put some heavy cream on it to help it heal.

Meanwhile, today's run was just a short run to test all my new equipment. Not only did I test out a new watch but also the heart rate monitor and GPS unit that went with it. I also tested out my new GoPro camera and the Steadicam I got for it.

Weather:
Temps were about 75F. Sky was clear and humidity was moderate. No breeze in the trees.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a bagel and sandwich from Panera. Took just a single bottle of water during the run. Recovery was leftover pork chop, couscous, and corn.

Aches and Pains:
Left quad was still grumbling but nothing too major. Did manage to trip on a root but got lucky and didn't eat dirt.

Gear:
Like I said, new watch with heart rate monitor and GPS unit. New camera and Steadicam. Everything else was the norm.

Codename - Testing, 1 2 3 4 5 , Testing
I like new gear but I think I over did things today with my test. Way too much stuff for a run.

Splits:
Didn't do splits because there was just too many timing devices being used.
Finish - 30:00

No comments: