Tuesday, October 09, 2012

Dick in a Sock

Report:
Just a short run to get the heart rate up. And to keep the rust off. Been doing a lot of resting lately and it's driving me crazy. My left quad was still grumpy today despite my increased periods of rest but I still want to rest it just to play it safe. My A-Race is just a few days away and even though I know it's too late to train or do anything but I'm still minimizing my risks as much as possible. That damn pre-race walking on eggshells syndrome sucks. Every Lego in my house, every stool, every speck of dirt is a potential injury waiting to happen. I know, crazy, but that's how I feel.

So today's run was short and simple. I watched some sage advice from Sage Canaday and his VO2Max Productions videos. I said it was sage advice, I didn't say I followed it. I did just 10 minutes at about 95% instead of the 20 minutes at 80-85% he mentioned. But I threw in some of the strides he has talked about in the past. Will it help? Doubtful but at least I got something on the books for this week.

Weather:
Temps were about 50F, sky was overcast, a light wind, and light humidity from the early morning drizzle.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, iced latte, water, and yogurt. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and finished maybe half of it. Recovery was the rest of my iced latte and a shower.

Aches and Pains:
Left quad was grumpy but not as much as before. Almost felt like it was asleep and too tired to give me crap.

Gear:
Wore gloves and a headband to cover my ears. Also wore my shirt. Felt a little chilly running through the section with fields on both sides since the breeze was blowing. Outside of that, my iPod Shuffle was giving me crap. Not sure if its the headphones or the iPod itself. I don't need it for my race but I'd like to have the option there if I want it.

Codename - Dick in a Sock
No, I didn't come up with that name because it was chilly out. I came up with that name because I was listening to the Dick in a Box song and some Red Hot Chili Peppers. You make the connection.




Splits:
Outbound - 5:01
Inbound - 5:09
Finish - 10:10

2 comments:

Lauren said...

BIG Red Hot Chili Peppers fan here. Though it's been a while since I've put any of their music on my ipod. Still have their cd's in my truck though. Good luck this weekend!!!

Neil Richard said...

Thanks! Good luck to you too this weekend!