Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Socially Awkward Penguin

Report:
Wanted to go longer and in costume but wimped out and just wore normal running clothes. And my distance was cut short since I forgot my bottles and had to use a spare bottle from the trunk of my car. Better than nothing. Excitement during the run included a work crew trying to get into a work site but apparently not knowing what the combination was or not knowing where the key was. Oh, and then there was the bus leaving the road and the two semis turning onto the road and the blind corner and the lack of room and boom, I was out of room. So I grabbed the street sign and hauled myself up the steep embankment just to get out of the way. Made for a fun minute or two as the drivers navigated through the intersection.

Weather:
Temps were about 40F. Sky was mostly sunny (once the sun came up). No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was water and yogurt. During the run I had a bottle of water. Recovery was an iced latte and a burrito.

Aches and Pains:
My right behind-the-knee/top-of-the-calf pain went from about a 4 last week to about a 1 today. I could feel it but that was about it. No real pain. Biggest pain was my right heel. I think I have a bone spur or growth or something going on. Hurts but not enough to keep me from running. Just need to figure out how to mitigate it.

Gear:
No special gear. Wore a thermal top, long pants, gloves, and winter hat.

Codename - Socially Awkward Penguin
I went as a penguin for last Halloween's run. Today I totally wimped out and felt too awkward to go out in a costume. Yep, I'm that shy in person but totally extroverted online. Just call me a netvestite.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:01
Mile 2 - 11:45
Finish - 22:47

No comments: