Tuesday, September 01, 2015

Day of Neighbors

Felt good about today's run. The weather stank but I still felt good by the end. Along the way today I recorded another podcast episode, took a picture or two, saw a couple of deer out for breakfast, and saw about 10 or 12 of my neighbors out and about. I didn't think I saw that many until I was in my last loop and started counting in my head how many I had seen. Sometimes it's nice to see neighbors but it's always great to live in such a great neighborhood.

Let's see, what else. Nope, that's about it. Oh, if you get a minute, go give @busankevin some love. He's getting back into running after a long break.

Podcast:
https://soundcloud.com/neil-richard/mile-98

Photos:
The fog today was thick.
 


These were from this weekend's run.




Weather:
Temps were about 75F. Humidity was high. Sky was probably clear but there was some dense fog so you couldn't see it. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had some coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was a breakfast burrito (a healthy one), a banana, yogurt, and coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Right leg felt a little janky for a mile or so in the middle of the run. Aside from that, things felt good.

Gear:
Nothing special. Just a t-shirt and shorts.

Today's Motivation:
Busan Kevin and his running challenge for the month of September. I'm not sure I'll be able to keep up with his daily runs, but heh, worth a try, right?

Naughty Neil:
Whoever it is on my team that suggested I try the frozen yogurt ice cream bars is evil. But also my savior. Instead of eating a bowl of ice cream goodness that's full of calories, I'm now able to control my serving size and make things a tiny bit healthier.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 18:51
Loop 2 - 17:27
Loop 3 - 17:00
Loop 4 - 22:25 (about half was walking recovery)
Finish - 1:15:45

No comments: