Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Sun Rise Over Soy Beans

Today's run was a bit tougher than expected. More of a mental challenge than a physical one. But I got dressed, got out the door, and finished it.

Photos:
We went to Colonial Beach and took a picture with their Virginia LOVE sign.
 

Sun rising over the soy bean fields.


Right next to the mattress is an old RV. Just in case the mattress isn't big enough.


Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Humidity was high to moderate. Sun was out. Not much wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Half a coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was more coffee, a banana, two egg whites, three sausage links, and two slices of toast.

Aches and Pains:
Right calf felt a little tight but I've been noticing that I'm not drinking as much as I normally do before bed time. I'm guessing this is why I'm a bit parched in the morning and drink so much on my runs recently.

Gear:
T-shirt and shorts.

Today's Motivation:
The fact that I needed 6 and knew I could land 5+ before starting work. As long as I got up and got dressed at least.

Naughty Neil:
I had a burger and fries yesterday. And a grape Nehi. It was delicious.

Splits:
Outbound - 31:42
Inbound - 31:45
Finish - 1:03:27

No comments: