Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Burning Bush

Not the miles planned but more than I could have hoped for if I had gone back to bed instead. And I wanted to go back to bed but somehow dragged myself into some running shorts and headed out the door.

Speaking of bed, I could really go for a third coffee right about now.

The run was fairly uneventful as expected. The weather was a bit cooler than I expected but aside from that things went well. I did wear a long sleeve shirt but really should have worn gloves.

Photos:
Don't know what kind of bush this is, but it's about as bright as my shirt.



Weather:
Temps were about 55F to 60F. Sun was out. No wind. Humidity was low.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a little coffee before the run and plain water during the run. Recovery was two eggs, two slices of toast, four sausage links, yogurt, and more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Toes hurt a bit after yesterday but that's my own dumb fault for not trimming my nails. Always seems to happen.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a long sleeve shirt and a BUFF.

Today's Motivation:
Just keeping my streak alive. Just passed the halfway point. Getting a little nervous about making it through to the end of the month.

Naughty Neil:
I totally ate a bowl of cereal last night and had zero guilt about it. I was strong enough to not put a brownie in there.

Splits:
Outbound - 33:17
Inbound - 32:14
Finish - 1:05:31

No comments: