Wednesday, July 01, 2015

Where's Will?

I seem to have lost my will to run. I can barely force myself to get out of bed in the morning. Today I slept through two alarms and only got up because my wife said I needed to and because I knew we were having company come first thing this morning. But it was still a struggle. Once I was up, I moped around trying to get motivated to run my planned 6 miles. Instead I found myself fighting to convince my brain that 3 miles was just fine. There was a ton of walking and very little energy.

The odd thing is that walking felt fine. It felt normal and for a few brief moments, I felt normal. But I'd start running again and the arm on the suck-o-meter started going up again. I haven't figured it out and I think that's just adding to the whatever the hell it is that's going on. Anyway, the run was pretty uneventful.

Weather:
Temps were around 70F. Sky was clear. Humidity was high from last night's rain. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was two egg whites, two slices of toast, and four pieces of sausage. And coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Quads were pretty much on fire the whole time. Hurt the most when going down hills. Calves were a little tight but bearable. Aside from that, things were fine.

Gear:
Shorts and a t-shirt. And I think my hat was the source of my headache over the weekend. Felt it come back a bit today.

Today's Motivation:
I knew I'd be disappointed in myself if I didn't get out there and do something.

Naughty Neil:
No snacks last night and a decently healthy dinner.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 19:16
Loop 2 - 24:41
Finish - 43:58

No comments: