Monday, November 18, 2013

Evil Deeds

Today's run was decent. Not super-great and not super-horrible. So, all in all, it was decent. Saw a few deer off the trail, waiting patiently for me to pass them by, and saw a couple of walkers arriving as I was leaving. Aside from that, I was all alone and left to think about, well, everything. Everything from an imaginary military mission to the naughty things I want to do with a woman.

Anyway, the run wasn't exactly within my heart rate zones as planned but as soon as I got warmed up, I was able to keep a decent pace, even though it was Zone 3.

Photo:



Vine:


Weather:
Temps were 60F, sun was out in full, and humidity was moderate. There was a cool breeze most of the time.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was three waffles, two eggs, three slices of bacon, yogurt, and an iced coffee. During the run I had plain water and an apple sauce pouch at 50 minutes. Recovery was an iced latte followed by a bean chili.

Aches and Pains:
Legs felt sluggish and a little tired on the way back. Aside form that, felt okay. During the push at the end, my left hamstring tightened up a bit but I think it was because I didn't bring any Hammer Fizz.

Gear:
Wore shorts, cycle jersey, visor, and hydration pack.

Heart Rate:
Was able to keep it in Zone 2 for the first half of the run, then I felt warmed up and struggle to keep it in a low Zone 3. I could tell I was running too fast but it was a struggle to go any slower. So I just tried to take more walking breaks even though I didn't feel like taking them.

Splits:
Starting 0.8 - 10:52 (AVG HR 137)
Mile 1 - 14:49 (AVG 143)
Mile 2 - 18:55 (AVG HR 152) (includes about 5 minutes to install trail camera and go to the bathroom)
Mile 3 - 14:24 (AVG HR 154)
Mile 4 - 14:13 (AVG HR 154)
Mile 5 - 13:47 (AVG HR 153)
Ending 0.8 - 8:38 (AVG HR 164) (includes moderate push at the end)
Finish - 1:35:41
MIN HR - 97
AVG HR - 151
MAX HR - 184
RHR - 65

No comments: