Thursday, November 21, 2013

Cold Gravel

Managed to squeeze in my run between work and more work. Which means I pretty much skipped lunch but I did take in some calories, just not much in the way of solid food. During the run I saw a whole lot of nothing. A few cars passed me on the back roads but that's fairly normal. And even though the sun was out, it was damn chilly with the wind blowing. For the first time in forever, I actually crossed the road to stay in the sun. When it was safe of course. Remember, I live in the sticks. Proof being the alert sent out by the county's Sheriff's office asking for help in identifying the owner of two goats that were found. Yup, goats.

Photo:

Can you guess what's missing?



Vine:


Weather:
Temps were about 40F but light to moderate winds kicked in the wind chill a bit. Sun was out in full, no humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was waffles (4), eggs (2), bacon (3), yogurt, and coffee. Should have dialed things back on the waffles but they looked so damn good. During the run I had a bottle of plain water, a bottle of Hammer Fizz, and a pouch of apple sauce. Recovery was two servings of Hammer Recoverite (one before my shower and one after) and some Belvita breakfast cookies.

Aches and Pains:
Right knee, right hamstring, and right glute felt tweaky but nothing too bad. Just enough to notice. Knee hurt the worst and it was more of a dull throb/ache that was likely due to being used.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, thermal shirt, short sleeved shirt, warm ball cap, headband that doubled as ear warmer, and I carried my gun. Turns out this pair of pants holds them quite nicely.

Heart Rate:
Guess what I left in my wife's truck yesterday? Not my heart rate strap, no, my heart rate monitor. That damn little thing that snaps onto the strap. So I guessed at what it was and tried to keep it in check when I needed to. At least I remembered to take my resting heart rate this morning.

Splits:
Outbound - 51:24 (AVG HR was probably around 150)
Inbound - 48:37 (AVG HR was probably around 165)
Finish - 1:40:02 (AVG HR was probably around 155 to 160)
MIN HR - probably around 100
AVG HR - probably around 155 to 160
MAX HR - probably around 180
RHR - 56

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The selfie in the green shirt? Wins the goofiest selfie ever that you have posted! I have the giggles now.