Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Virgin Shoes

Report:
Glad I waited until lunch to run this route. Much warmer and plenty of sun. Plus I was able to eat a nice breakfast and get some work done. Lots to think about during the run. Work, home, running, racing, podcasting, the list goes on. Anyway, I had planned on doing speed work until about a tenth of a mile from the start when I was wheezing and gasping for air and decided to hell with it and I'd just run what I could. I mean, how can I seriously think about doing 8 x 800 with 1:15 rest in between? Sheesh. I'm no track star.

Weather:
Temps were about 55F. Sky was clear. Sun was out. No humidity. Very light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a homemade burrito with egg, steak, cheese, lettuce, and salsa. I also had yogurt, oatmeal, and iced coffee for breakfast. During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite which I'll follow with either left-over spaghetti or Hammer Soy.

Aches and Pains:
My shins, calves, knees, legs, chest, lungs, well, just about everything hurt. Nothing noteworthy though, I'm just complaining.

Gear:
Wore tights under shorts and two short sleeve shirts. Wore a headband. Took my voice recorder. Took my knife.

Codename - Virgin Shoes
Wore my Silver Back shoes for the first time (Altra Instincts). I've worn the model before but I'm breaking in a new pair with some Slacklace shoe laces.

Splits:
Outbound - 22:52
Inbound - 21:04
Finish - 43:57

PS - I may have some semi-exciting news coming. Stay tuned.

No comments: