Monday, February 04, 2013

Fro-Zone

Report:
Just a short run that got shorter as I went further. My damn face was freezing off and I didn't have anything to keep it warm so I bailed on my 4 mile run and made it a 2 mile run. At least I was layered-up enough to keep everything else warm. Nothing exciting on the trail except for some frozen water, frozen foot prints, and frozen dog tracks.

Weather:
Temps were about 23F. Wind was light. Little to no sun with  plenty of clouds and haze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run food was yogurt and water. During the run I had half a bottle of plain water. Recovery was two breakfast burritos and iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
My cheeks and nose were freaking cold. Too damn cold to keep going so I wimped out and ran back to my warm car.

Gear:
Nothing too exciting. Just lots of layers (except for my face).

Codename - Fro-Zone
Yes, I know I said it several times already but my face was damn cold.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:41
Mile 2 - 11:33
Finish - 23:14

No comments: