Monday, November 19, 2012

Sock Hop

Report:
Wow. Guess three days on my ass leads to a nice, solid run. Didn't care much about how fast I was going but I was surprised to reach my turn-around point so quickly. I was also pleased to hit the finish that fast. Again, wasn't aiming for speed here, just running on effort. And it was worth it. It wasn't easy, but it wasn't tough either. The mental part was the best part. Wasn't quite floating on air but I felt good during and after the run. Something that doesn't always happen.

Oh, and I did Week 1, Day 1 of the #100PushUps program again. Maybe, just maybe, this time I can finish it.

Weather:
Temps were about 50F. There was a light wind that I felt here and there but nothing too terrible. Sky was overcast and it felt like it was going to rain but it never did.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was small iced latte, a good breakfast burrito (it was very hard to resist the bad burrito but I did it), and yogurt. During the run I had a bottle of water and a bottle of Hammer Fizz. I finished both. At the halfway point I also took a Hammer Gel (chocolate). Since I was between breakfast and lunch, I felt like I needed something. Recovery was one scoop of Hammer Recoverite in my iced coffee, a giant salad, and some wafer cookies.

Aches and Pains:
None really. Stepped on a few pointy rocks but nothing too bad.

Gear:
I tested two new pieces of gear today. The first was a pair of UnderArmour gloves. I liked that they fit great and that I could zip/unzip them to help put them on as well as control the temperature a bit. They passed the test and will be part of my regular rotation. The other gear was a pair of socks. I've worn the brand before in the past and after 20+ miles they'd give me blisters. But, now that I'm in different shoes and actually like a little extra padding, I figured it was worth a try. Plus they were free so it was kind of hard to turn them down.

Codename - Sock Hop
Kind of fitting that I get free socks right after my kids got to celebrate the 50th day of school with a sock hop. Amazing that it's been 50 days already. And it's amazing that teachers these days still remember the 1950s.

Splits:
Outbound - 30:36
Inbound - 30:56
Finish - 1:01:33

No comments: