Monday, November 26, 2012

B-Rabbit

Report:
Kind of in between Great and Blah on this run. I'm feeling the leading edges of a sinus infection coming so I felt really lazy and sluggish but somehow managed to fight the urge to climb back into bed and dragged my sorry ass out the door and down the road. The cold air did wonders for my lungs and made me feel like I was climbing Mt. Hood or something while breathing through a straw. And that was the 20 foot hill a quarter mile from my front door. The big hill, all 100 feet of it, was a bit easier somehow. Must have been the warm-up getting there. Or the break at the bottom I took posing for pictures. Either way, I somehow managed to run up most of it, something I rarely do even on a good day.

I skipped my stretching and opted for a warm shower and shave. Glad I did. The rest of the day will be catching up on all my photos, podcasts, and blog posts. And work of course.




Weather:
Temps were about 50F. Sun was out. Only a light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, a burrito, an egg, and part of an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was a banana and the rest of my iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
My chest, nose, sinuses, and everything related to breathing felt rough around the edges. Thankfully they weren't on fire from the effort.

Gear:
Wore my Tab (T-Star Running) shorts over my Ruez. No pants. Wore a thermal top under my vest. Wore mittens and a winter hat. Took my GoPro for pics. Mittens suck when trying to use your fingers but they do keep your fingers warmer. The Ruez and T-Star shorts worked great.

Codename - B-Rabbit
Had a dead rabbit in front of my car this morning. No, I didn't run it over either. It looks like it was left there as a sacrificial offering. When I snubbed it and went back inside, the pagans must have come back to take it to another God because it's now missing.

Splits:
Outbound - 10:59
Photo Shoot - 2:14
Inbound - 10:51 (impressive since the return leg is all uphill)
Finish - 24:05

2 comments:

Lauren said...

dead rabbit in front of the car -- spooky! I was going to get out for a run today also, but alas I did not make it. (the 4 glasses of wine last night did not help) But I did FINALLY get in some abs and weights this morning. Looks beautiful out there in your parts this time of year. Hope you and your family had a good Thanksgiving.

Neil Richard said...

It's pretty here this time of year. Pretty cold. But it beats the 5 years I spent in the snow belt where we'd get feet of snow.

And thanks for reminding me. I need to go do some pushups.