Friday, November 02, 2012

DNA

Report:
Opted for a trail run this morning and couldn't quite decide on which trail to run. As I left the house, I immediately narrowed things down since I missed the turn for one of the trails. So from there I was able to decide to hit the local rail trail. Worst part of the run was the parking lot. Seems to be a local hot spot for some late night hook-ups. Wet wipes and everything. Yuck.

Anyway, the rest of the run was a loose on/off run/walk pattern. I'd just walk when I felt like it, no set time or distance. Overall I felt pretty good. My left knee had some pains near the end but outside of that, most of my attention was on playing with my new toy. Well, semi-new. I've had it a few weeks but haven't had much time to play with it.


Weather:
Temps were about 37F when I started and it warmed up to maybe 40F by the end. Sun was out when I arrived and when I left but during the run it was pretty cloudy. No real wind that I could feel.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, water, iced coffee, and a breakfast burrito (which I ate on my drive over). Recovery was Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
The heel of my right foot feels funny with my odd, alien growth. It hurts when it rubs and when there's pressure applied. My left knee began to hurt around mile 3 but nothing too terrible.

Gear:
Nathan hydration pack, voice recorder, GoPro Hero 2, Smoothee Steadicam, Zensah calf sleeves (just to make sure they fit), long pants, thermal long sleeve shirt, short sleeve shirt on top, winter hat, and gloves.

Codename - DNA
If you commit a crime and want to get away with it, make sure nobody is willing to collect a DNA sample from your used condom and used tampon. I know I certainly wasn't willing to collect any samples.

Splits:
Outbound - 28:25
Inbound - 26:32
Finish - 54:57

No comments: