Sunday, January 27, 2008

Sunday Blogging-edited-

-edited- That's both great and painful at the same time.

Which brings us to this Sunday's blog post. I was recently contacted by a local author to review his book. I was on the brink of turning him down when I decided to give his book a the opportunity to redeem itself. After 100 pages of Knight of the Dove by William A. Kooiker, it's still a bit of a mixed bag. The first part of the book was, well, barely better than the horrid stuff I write. But I pushed through hoping to see improvement. And I did. While Kooiker is no Rothfuss or Abercrombie, there is some talent present. So right now, with another 160+ pages to go, I'd bet that Kooiker would benefit with another 5 years of practice and a mainstream publisher. Then he'll be able to hang with the big dogs.

No comments: