Monday, January 21, 2008

Case of the Mondays

Well, I have a mild case at least. The morning routine was slightly less frenetic than normal as Yvonne had the day off and everyone didn't have to run out the door by 7 am. And, I ran across this charming page of Olan Mills via one of my feeds. A little Monday morning humor to get you started.

As for the weekend, well, I spent damn near all day working Saturday. The overtime is nice, but I'd rather get my money without the effort. Sunday was the usual chores as well as the playoff games. While I was rooting for the Packers just to give them a chance at beating the Patriots, I'm more than happy to root for the Giants instead. As long as they beat the Patriots. That's the key.

And we also ran across the river (well drove, it's cold but not that cold) to Maryland to buy a new stroller. Yvonne had "one of those days" Saturday which involved a lot of crappity-crap. One being the stroller fell out of the van and broke. So here's the part that cost us about $150.


But at least the new one appears to work easier than the old one. Much lighter, smaller, and easier to fold up.

And that was my weekend. Work, work, and very little play. I did play a Wii bit more of Harry Potter (pretty neat to cast spells with the Wii-mote). And I did make some steady progress on The Blade Itself. I'm about 50 to 75 pages from the end and the guy just got beheaded (you'll have to read the book to find out who).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I just chose you for the “You Make My Day” award that is going around the blogosphere. You don’t need to play along unless you want to. I don’t normally participate in these things, but I thought you may like to know that I read your blog every time you update it, and enjoy it. So, whether you make me laugh, think about things in a new way, or just let me see your part of the world and your point of view, THANKS !

You can read more about your award on my blog: http://gaylemckay.wordpress.com/2008/01/21/a-fun-surprise/

And if you want to know more about what we do, feel free to visit our website too.
www.stevequilts.com

Thanks again for making my days more interesting!
Gayle

Andy Lester said...

Original Olan Mills posting: http://listoftheday.blogspot.com/2007/09/great-olan-mills-photos.html