Thursday, June 16, 2016

Murky Weather

Today's run was slow and a bit dreadful. On the flip side though, I did get to spend some time walking around with my dad. I saw my neighbors, their kids, their kids' kids, Mrs. Brown, and the Halls.

Long story short about the Halls, they are the oldest, most consistent runners I know in the area. And they are always nice, wave to you, smile, say hello, and all that jazz. Great people.


Yesterday's Video:


Weather:
Temps were about 80F. Sky was murky. Humidity was high. High enough that I could see water droplets floating around. Not falling like rain, just drifting like motes of dust.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was half an avocado and two egg whites and two sausage links on toast. And coffee of course.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
Felt tired this morning. Probably because of all the pasta I had last night. And that I didn't want to get out of bed. But I knew I wouldn't run after work and that I had a limited amount of time. I almost gave up on the run several times but after walking with my dad and getting so close to the 3 mile mark I eventually just toughed it up and finished.

Naughty Neil:
Hmm...Nothing comes to mind right now.

Splits:
Finish - 43:30 (I did the full 3 miles but in an odd route that didn't allow for splits)

No comments: